If you’re looking for a new mattress, it can be difficult to determine which is worth your money. From memory foam to pillow top and organic to hypoallergenic, too many options can make the choice overwhelming. While many people are divided when it comes to the type of bed, most can easily agree that organic is the best option.
In addition to being made of chemical-free materials, these beds tend to be more comfortable thanks to higher quality materials. To get a better idea of what these have to offer, some of the very best organic mattresses currently on the market are listed below.
1. Smith & Oliver Organic Cotton 12″ Mattress
This organic mattress by Smith & Oliver is highly reviewed and comes available in twin, full, queen and king. If you’re looking for organic comfort, this is it. This mattress is made with a 100% natural organic cotton cover and includes non-toxic foam with 15-gauge pocket coils for comfort through the entire night.
The pillow top on the surface of this mattress offers a plush feel and helps reduce backaches and joint pains. This product is 100% green foam certified and 12″ deep with cool memory foam to keep you comfortable without the risk of overheating.
- Affordable; less expensive than other mattresses
- Comfortable from the first night
- Topped with an added layer of plush for better support
- Strong odor
- Not very comfortable
- Measurements are different in-person
Click Here To Buy Now !
2. Naturepedic Verse Organic Kids Mattress
By Naturepedic, this organic mattress is available in twin, queen, full, or twin XL, which are perfect for any children’s room. If you’re worried about what your child is sleeping on, this is a certified organic mattress that you can feel good about.
The materials used in the design are non-toxic and, because this mattress is Greenguard Gold certified, it is formaldehyde-free.
This mattress is also handcrafted in the United States and regularly tested for chemical emissions. You won’t find any polyurethane foam in this mattress, but instead premium materials such as organic cotton and filling from crops that were not treated with chemicals.
The inside of the mattress is a combination of memory foam, soybean foam and eco-foam to create a soft yet incredibly safe surface for kids and adults alike.
- Made without PVC/vinyl, PFCs, glues, GMOS, phthalates, and formaldehyde
- Excellent customer service with 10-year warranty
- Encased coil support for endless comfort for growing bodies
- Expensive for a children’s mattress
- Can begin to feel lumpy if you sleep in one spot all the time
4. Happsy Organic Mattress
This luxury organic mattress is available in a variety of sizes, including twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and California king. With a belief in healthier sleeping, the designers of this mattress made it with comfort in mind.
It features innovative technology and natural materials that eliminate the need for chemical flame retardants and flame barriers.
The organic cotton filling is the first feature of the design followed by 8-inches of pocketed springs that reduce motion transfer while offering comfortable support.
In addition to both of these features is 2″ of organic latex sitting at the top of the bed along with organic wool batting for breath ability and softness. As a certified organic mattress that’s made in the United States, this is one of the highest quality options out there.
- 10-year warranty and great customer service
- Designed without foams that trap heat so you sleep without overheating
- Made without formaldehyde, polyurethane foam, memory foam, GMOs, glue, pesticides and other unhealthy materials
- Excellent reviews and ratings from those who have owned it for months and years
- Pricey; although affordable, it’s more expensive than other options
- Measures taller in person than is stated in the description
5. Naturepedic 2 in 1 Organic Cotton Mattress
This organic cotton quilted is available in different sizes, including twin (with 360 coils) and full (with 528 coils).
The cotton fabric and filling are both made from certified organic cotton in the United States and without harmful chemicals that can be dangerous to sleep on nightly.
This mattress is also hypoallergenic and features a waterproof surface that allows you to eat in bed without the guilt or risk.
The medium-firm feel and edge support leaves you feeling supported all throughout the night and the heavy-duty orthopedic innerspring can help reduce or even eliminate back and joint pain.
- Made in the United States
- Produced in a factory that meets GreenGuard certification
- Waterproof design is great for kids
- Matching foundation is available for those who need a full set
- Too firm and can cause back pain
- Regular use can result in lumps throughout the mattress
- Waterproof sides of mattress are loud
1. My Green Mattress Pure ECHO Certified Organic Natural Mattress
This organic cotton mattress is available in twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and California king. This type of mattress, in particular, has earned the Green guard Gold Certification for its certified organic cotton and all-natural eco-wool.
This mattress is designed with comfort in mind and has a medium-firm firmness with 3-zone pocketed coil inner-springs for added lumbar support.
This bed will contour to the body while greatly reducing motion transfer so anyone in the bed with you can sleep more comfortably without being disturbed. Adding to the organic design, this bed uses wool that is washed with a GOTS organic-compliant soap, which is both biodegradable and mild.
- Eco-wool is sourced locally from Oregon and California
- Excellent customer service with a 10-year warranty
- 100-night sleep trial included
- Eco-wool acts as a flame barrier
- More firm than some prefer
- Sags when being used regularly
- Smells bad after being taken out of the box
An Organic Mattress Worth Investing In
Any of the organic mattresses above are those worth investing in due to their quality materials and lack of dangerous chemicals. Although the price point is higher for organic, it’s worth it if you’re looking for something that is healthier for your home and family.
To determine which is right for you, make sure to read through each of the descriptions and then measure your bed. From here, you’ll be ready to order your new bed and enjoy a healthier and more comfortable night of sleep.