For those who weigh more than the average individual, finding a supportive mattress can become difficult and downright impossible. While it’s true there are many options and many are not the right choice for those who are heavy, there are some great choices out there.
To make finding them easier, they’re listed below. These are highly reviewed and some of the best mattresses for a heavy person who wants quality sleep and support at night.
1. Mattress by Tuft and Needle with Adaptive Foam
Designed to support individuals of all shapes and sizes, including those that are heavy, this T&N mattress is available in twin, twin XL, full
, queen, king, and California King.
The support for larger bodies begins with adaptive foam, which is infused with cooling gel and graphite to promote better quality sleep at night when compared to other foams.
It continues with high-quality support foam and a fire sock that makes the bed flame retardant without the use of chemical flame retardants.
- Full refund guaranteed through a 100-night sleep trial; 10-year warranty included
- High-grade foam that is more comfortable and supportive for heavier individuals. Doesn’t feel too soft or too hard
- Great reviews for people of all sizes
- Sinks considerably when you lay on it
- Edges are too soft
- Takes a few days to fluff to full size
2. LinenSpa 8″ Hybrid Mattress
This mattress offers maximum support for users whether they’re on the lighter side or heavier side, which is why it’s a best-seller. The layers include tempered steel coils that provide unmatched support followed by a felt bad, comfort foam, and quilted memory foam.
Each of these works together to create a soft yet firm and supportive mattress that gives larger bodies the best rest possible. This mattress can even help minimize pressure points to reduce and even eliminate back pain
or everyday aches and pains.
- Excellent back support thanks to the steel coils and memory foam layers
- 10-year warranty included
- CertiPUR-US Certified
- Advanced pressure relief
- Not 8″ after first opening
- Not hypoallergenic
- More firm than some individuals prefer
3. Classic Brands Cool Gel 14″ Mattress
It also features a stretch knit fabric cover and side panels to make cleaning the exterior quick and easy. For individuals who are larger, this mattress is an ideal solution because it conforms to the body while regulating temperature.
It also resists allergens, mold, bacteria and dust mites for cleanliness and added safety. For those who are concerned about not the feel, this has a medium-plush surface that offers firmer support to help reduce back pain and minimize aches.
- Available in a wide variety of sizes, with each being affordable
- Includes 2 memory-foam pillows with purchase
- High-density poly base foam offers better support for heavier individuals
- Isn’t as cool as promised
- Might sink in a certain spot after repeated use
- Strong odor
Your New Mattress
Mattresses for heavier individuals do exist and can make a huge difference with sleep quality on a nightly basis. If you’re trying to find the right pick for you, be sure to read through the descriptions for each. Fortunately, each of the options above are great choices and are sure to give you the support needed.