Sofa beds are some of the most useful pieces of furniture you can have in your home, as they function as both a couch and bed. Unfortunately, they are notorious for having uncomfortable beds. If you want to make this sleeping space more comfortable, you’re in luck! The solution is as easy as replacing the sofa on the couch, and to help make it easier, the five below are some of the best out there.
1. Classic Brands Memory Foam Replacement Mattress
This replacement sofa bed mattress is made of a thick and soft memory foam material for maximum comfort on any sofa bed base. Available in twin, full and queen, this mattress pad is 4.5 inches thick so it easily folds into the couch for a seamless look without causing extra volume. As soon as the sofa bed is pulled out, this mattress will fluff back up in minutes.
For those who have back trouble, the high-density poly foam fill provides incredible back support to help reduce and even alleviate aches and pains upon waking. The materials used in this product are naturally hypoallergenic and can resist mold, dust mites and even bacteria. In addition to this, the manufacturer has gone through extra testing to make sure the mattress meets CertiPUR-US standards.
– Maintains its shape better than traditional sofa beds
– Fits most standard sofa beds
– Comes rolled in a small package for easy unloading
– Fluffs up in minutes after being taken out
– Chemical smell after being opened
– Not as thick as anticipated
– May not easily fit in all sofa bed openings
2. PlushBeds Memory Foam Sofa Bed Mattress
This is an excellent mattress for anyone who has an odd size of pull-out in their couch, as it comes in a range of sizes including twin, twin wide, full, full wide, queen, queen wide and single. You can even choose the material based on your individual preferences, which include gel memory foam, memory foam and natural latex. With CertiPUR certification, the memory foam included in this will not emit harmful gasses, which means anyone in the family can safely sleep on it.
It has also been designed with unique visco-elastic channels that move heat away from the body to ensure a cool and comfortable night of sleep. This same structure is closely knit to help keep the mattress firm and in its original shape for longer so you don’t have to constantly replace.
– Made in the U.S.A
– Made without dangerous chemicals
– High weight capacity
– Not as comfortable as anticipated
– Doesn’t feel as thick once you lay down
– Too soft for use in a sofa bed
3. Zinus Cool Gel Memory Foam Sofa Bed Replacement Mattress
Available in full, queen or twin, this sofa bed replacement mattress has 5-inches of thick gel memory foam material for maximum comfort all night long. The high-density base support foam is what helps this mattress keep its shape and resist sinking, even when used on a regular basis. With a CertiPUR-US certification, this product is made without chemicals and is safe to sleep on right away.
For anyone who has back problems or daily aches and pains, this mattress may be able to help because the memory foam provides support for every contour of the body. This mattress also includes charcoal and natural green tea extract in the material, both of which help absorb odors and moisture to keep you cool and comfortable at night.
– Thicker than most other memory foam sofa cushions
– 5-year limited warranty
– Easy to unpackage thanks to the compact shipping size
– Strong odor upon opening
– May be larger than anticipated and difficult to fit in sofa bed opening
– Difficult return process
4. Lifetime Sleep Products Sofa Sleeper Replacement Mattress
Available in full or queen, this replacement mattress is made of memory foam to help provide you a more restful night of sleep. Comparable to higher end memory foam mattresses, this product features 2″ of memory foam and a 2.5″ foam base that helps prevent you from feeling the base of the couch structure underneath.
Thanks to the memory foam’s ability to condense, this folds easily within the couch without creating added bulk. This also helps prevent sinking in the middle so the entire mattress stays the same firmness.
– Extremely comfortable even after long-term use
– Good quality
– Lightweight and easy to move around
– Not traditional dimensions; must measure to make sure it will fit
– More thin than advertised
5. Classic Brands Cool Gel Memory Foam Sofa Bed Replacement
As a mattress that meets the emissions, durability and performance standards of the CertiPur-US program, this is an excellent replacement bed for those looking for twin, full or queen sizes. The memory foam contours to the curves of each individual while offering firmness from each corner to the middle of the bed. With gel infusion, the heat from your body is drawn away so overheating is minimized and you get a more comfortable night of sleep.
The gel also helps resist allergens and bacteria so the mattress stays fresh no matter how frequently it’s used. If you have a slim-profile couch, this bed is the ideal replacement thanks to its ability to compress down in size.
– Customer service is available 7 days a week
– Plush feel
– 2 layers of foam that offer firmness with just the right amount of support
– Can still feel bars underneath
– Thinner than other mattresses
– Smell that doesn’t go away for a few days after unboxing
A More Comfortable Sleeping Space for Guests
With one of the sofa bed replacement mattresses above, you can expect your guests to compliment you on how well they slept. This makes the small investment of a new bed well worth it, especially since the options above are long-lasting. What makes this purchase even more worthwhile is the fact that it can refresh even an old couch since there are a variety of sizes available.
This means you can save the furniture you have and turn it into a functional piece for guests to sleep on anytime they’re in town. To make sure you buy the right one, simply take measurements before you order and compare them to those on the product you want.