For some individuals, a flat pillow is exactly what they’d like to avoid in order to get restful sleep. However, for others, these are the pillows that help them rest the best. After all, these pillows are stackable and adjustable so it’s easy to get the most customized volume possible. If this sounds like your ideal type of pillow, then the seven best flat pillows before are worth considering.
Feb 05, 2018
This very flat pillow is ideal for stomach and side sleepers who want less volume under their head while they rest. Made of a soft and cushy cotton, the material won’t scratch your face but will instead offer the feeling of sleeping on a cloud. The interior is made of 525 FP white duck down and the total pillow measures 20×26 (although there are many other sizes available).
– Assembled in the United States
– Adjustable thanks to the interior material
– Easy care; can machine wash and dry
– Not filled in enough
– Too soft
– Doesn’t offer neck support for stomach sleepers
Designed by Bluewave Bedding, this pillow is flat yet made of a soft gel-infused memory foam material. It also features ventilated holes within the design to help reduce sweat to leave you cool and comfortable as you sleep. There are three variations of this pillow available, including ultra-slim, super-slim and slim. The ultra-slim measures 2.5-2.75″ thick and 24″ x 16″ to fit on any size bed. This pillow is also flat on one side and rounded on the other to accommodate all sleepers and their individual preferences.
– CertiPUR-US Certified
– Soft washable cover made of rayon from bamboo
– Gel-infusion helps prevent heat buildup as you sleep
– Not as thin as some sleepers would like
– Memory foam is bulkier than other materials
– Not comfortable for sleeping
As an extra thin pillow, this measures only 2.5″ inches thick, which is ideal for stomach and side sleepers who want less elevation on their neck and head as they sleep. The half pillow design means one side is flat while the other is normal, which offers variety for the sleeper to choose with their preferences. The interior is made of a hypoallergenic memory foam that’s also bed-bug resistant and anti-microbial for added safety. The exterior features a soft cotton cover that’s comfortable to sleep on and allows air to ventilate through to prevent overheating.
– Memory foam contours to your individual shape and curves
– Thinner than other pillows available at retail stores
– Doesn’t tilt head at different angles
– Can be used as a knee pillow
– Too firm for some sleepers
– Doesn’t have a 30-day return policy
– Too firm to make comfortable
This is the super-slim version of the flat pillow by Bluewave listed above. It’s one of the best flat pillows on the market, although it does have a little bit more volume than its ultra-thin sibling. With this pillow, you can expect a profile of around 3.25″ and measurements of 24″ x 16″. This makes it ideal for all sleeping positions, although it’s popular for those who sleep on their back and stomachs.
The full pillow has only a few contours and is rounded on both sides for added comfort as you sleep. It’s also made with ventilated holes to help reduce overheating, which works particularly well with the gel-infused memory foam that cools as well.
– Removable cover that you can wash and dry
– The cover wicks away moisture from the skin and resists bacteria
– Foam is hypoallergenic and CertiPUR-US certified
– A little stiff
– Strange smell
– Not as cool as anticipated
This unique pillow looks like a standard pillow until you unzip the side to see there are six stackable pillow layers inside! Remove one or a few to create your ideal pillow height and then zip the cover up. This is perfect for all types of sleepers and made of a soft and comfortable down alternative that’s also hypoallergenic. If you’re looking for a custom pillow, this is one of the easiest ways to get just that.
– Fully adjustable with six individual pillows inside
– 300 thread count exterior material for softness
– Pillows are washable for cleanliness
– Too soft for some sleepers
– Doesn’t offer a lot of support
This 2.5″ super thin pillow offers a low profile for back and stomach sleepers in particular. It features antibacterial memory foam that’s soft yet firm to offer support that allows you to sleep comfortably. It also features a two-edge design, with one side featuring rounded edges and the other featuring flat edges. It’s a great choice for something flat but that still forms to your head to alleviate pain in the neck.
– Removable cover that’s washable
– Soft and comfortable
– Dust Mite Resistant
– Retains heat to make you hot
– Strong odor once opened
– Not meant for side sleepers
This extra soft, very flat pillow comes in three different sizes, including: 20×26, 20×30, and 20×36. With little lift, this is made for stomach sleepers who don’t need a lot of volume under their neck at night. Made with duck down on the inside, this is hypoallergenic and soft so you can form it to your shape in particular.
– 250 thread count exterior
– Assembled in the U.S.
– Easy care; machine washable
– Hypoallergenic down
– After long-term use the fill can bunch up
– Constantly fluffing required
– Not flat enough for some sleepers
With one of the best flat pillows on the market, you’re sure to get a better night’s sleep in no time. The only question is, which will you choose? Whether you prefer memory foam or cotton, there’s an option waiting. With most being affordable as well as highly rated, you can’t go wrong with any that are listed.